The Foxlight is a predator deterrent with a computerised flashing light that gives the impression of someone patrolling during hours of darkness. The number of lights required is determined by the area in which stock might be sleeping along with the undulation and vegetation of the area. More than one light may be required to be sure to have coverage from all sides. If the predator can not see the light from a distance, then it won’t be as effective.
Although originally designed to help protect sheep and lambs from fox attacks, our customers have come up with so many more uses for the light, such as:
- Help protect our chooks, ducks and birds – by placing the lights close to their houses/aviary’s, the lights act as an aid to help deter foxes.
- Deterring possums from entering roof cavities – being nocturnal they do not like the light
- Help protect crops from Kangaroos and Ducks
FOXLIGHTS ARE DESIGNED AS AN AID IN THE DETERRENT OF NIGHT PREDATORS, BUT MAY NOT SUCCEED AGAINST ALL ATTACKS AND UNINVITED VISITORS
Foxlights were the winner of the prestigious People’s Choice award on the ABC TVs ‘New Inventors’ program in Australia. View the program below:
- The light is projected at 360 degrees and can be seen for a distance of 2 kms.
- Works well in conjunction with guard dogs and other deterrents.
- A night sensor automatically turns the unit on at night and off at dawn.
- Made using the highest grade materials
- Easily mounted on a 3 sided steel post, hung on a wire fence or on an overhanging tree branch